Conditions of Hire
Your booking will be confirmed once we have approved your dates.
At this time a $300 deposit is required within three days to secure your booking. Payments can be made via credit card over the phone or by bank transfer.
Full payment is required six weeks prior to the date of hire commencement.
Elfin hirers require a security bond of $800 to be paid in cash via direct deposit 7 days prior to boarding.
Once you return Elfin on time and in good order and condition, we will pump out the grey water (shower, sink) and black water (toilet) at a charge of $30, and refuel the boat. Your bond will be refunded minus these two costs via your supplied bank account.
Cancellations notified more than 90 days prior to departure will be entitled to a full refund, minus the deposit.
Cancellations notified less than 90 days and more than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all monies paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case, all monies paid will be refunded less a $100 cancellation fee.
Cancellations notified less than 45 days prior to departure will forfeit all monies paid unless the houseboat can be re-booked for its full hire fee, in which case all monies paid will be refunded less a $150 cancellation fee.
This is any event which OzHouseboats and Elfin could not, even with due care, foresee or avoid. This includes but is not limited to adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, high river flows, pandemics, changes in law and all similar events beyond OzHouseboats’ control. OzHouseboats will not accept liability for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of any Force Majeure events. In the case of Force Majeure and OzHouseboats having to cancel your booking, the total of monies paid will be refunded to you. No compensation will be paid. We recommend travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances or losses.
- The number of people sleeping on board must not exceed four.
- The minimum number of people required to safely handle the vessel is two, and one must be over the age of 18 and hold a current driver’s license or boat licence to be skipper. The other is required to rope the houseboat securely to the land. If the rope person is under the age of 18 they will need to demonstrate a satisfactory ability of rope handling to the instructor.
- Anyone driving the boat must be at least 18 years of age and hold a current driver’s license or boat license.
- Comprehensive instruction will be given in the handling of Elfin together with safety instruction and river maps.
- Firearms, axes, chainsaws, trail bikes, animals and candles are strictly prohibited.
- Houseboats must not be driven at night.
- All Department of Transport houseboat regulations must be agreed and adhered to at all times.
- Elfin must not travel further south than the Wellington Ferry and no further north than Swan Reach.
- The owner / manager reserves the right to refuse any person/s the use of the houseboat.
- Elfin must be returned in a neat and tidy condition or charges will be incurred.
- No smoking inside Elfin or an additional cleaning fee will apply.
- No fuel is to be carried or decanted on the vessel.
NOTE: DAMAGE AND LOSS WILL BE CHARGED AT COST